Thursday, March 13, 2008

A home-baked morning

My kitchen faces west, making it the darkest room of my home in the morning. Nonetheless, there is little I enjoy more than donning my apron and pulling out baking supplies every Tuesday and Thursday morning as my 3-yr old joins me. He eats his breakfast before heading off to preschool and keeps up a steady conversation while I knead and mix and measure... Daddy and the 2-yr old keep snoozing, and I cherish this time with my son. When I'm pressed for time, I often just bake up some quick beer bread and call it a day. The scent of fresh bread baking fills the home and reminds me to cherish the little things.

When my husband heads off to work and kisses me goodbye, I am proud to stand in my ruffled blue apron, with flour on my hands and my hair in a ponytail. I know that the man I married understands what it means to be Deliciously Domestic. And I have many women as my mentors and I continue to grow on my path...

No comments: