Friday, April 25, 2008

Lingerie Straps


It's Frugal Friday over at Crystal's Biblical Womanhood.

I find that I'm always trying to come up with cute, crafty ideas to do with my 2 and 3 yr olds. Happily, I don't really have a shortage of ideas (and there's a wealth of them available to me online!), but it's some of these ideas aren't cheap. Buying craft supplies can easily become an expensive venture. I'm especially guilty of spending money on pretty, satiny ribbon.

The other day I realized something. I wear a lot of those camisole-style tank tops for layering. For some odd reason, most of them seem to have satin ribbon hanging loops inside. Now, I don't really know anyone who hangs up this type of top, but who knows? Since I do not, I find those loops to be an endless source of annoyance that I just have to keep tucking in. So I attacked them with my manicure scissors! I walked away with a pile of 12" or so ribbon lengths that are perfect for little projects, like this pasta cross that my son is proudly displaying.

My kids don't care where the ribbon comes from. I don't spend any money. I'm no longer irritated by those loops! win-win-win.


1 comment:

Candace said...

That is a clever idea. I never hang them up either, and they are annoying!