Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A few thougts on... curtains.

As Spring is (very slowly) making its way into central Indiana, I've been able to throw open my windows more and more. I LOVE that feeling! A side benefit has been the new realization of the joy my curtains bring me... here are a few things that never fail to make me smile...

-- the way the early morning light filters through my lace curtains in the master bedroom... I am ever-delighted to see these sunny patterns on the wall as I wake.

-- the way my son's white linen tabbed valances always look so clean and crisp... there is something so timeless and fresh about crisp linen.

-- the way my sheers billow in the breeze! I have sheers here in my office and I have smiled all day watching them fill with the gusts of air that come through my window.

-- the tiny touch of fussiness in the Battenburg Lace curtains that hang in my other-wise clean-lined and basic blue and white bath.

So there you go! I could wax on and on about my simple pleasures in window treatments... but for now, I'm off to wake my daughter from a nap... and check out her butterfly curtains while I'm there!